Tuesday, August 3

Give or take



“Best friends forever," such a silly phrase. All my supposed best friends didn’t last a year give or take and they all put the title on me. I don’t consider my close friends best friends, they are more than that. I don’t want to choose one particular friend and dub her as the best one, they are all equal so in truth I have never really had a best friend and if I had, it would've been myself. Friends come and go. I noticed my true friends were those stuck by me, who didn’t care about labels or being “best friends forever”. Those are my lovers, my family. Henceforth, I won’t let any person call me their one and only best friend. It’s selfish and it hurts other people who probably love you more than that one best friend loves you. Personally, I never say, “we’ll be best friends forever” or any sappy promises like that. You don’t have to say it aloud to know that you will be… friends forever that is. And I have never said it out loud with any of my real friends, you just know. This applies to relationships as well. It’s reassuring to tell your significant other that you will last forever, sure. But does it happen often? No. Words won’t amount to a promise that is held true by actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment