Tuesday, September 28

All it takes


Is just one word. One word and I fall. Helpless. Nothing can get me back up but the sound of your voice. Reassurance that everything will be alright, even when I already know it is. I need you to remind me, because you kill me. Everyday, I die. I know because it's slow and it's painful. It's draining me, until eventually I'm all but empty. I don't know why I give you so much power. Perhaps it's because I love you so much. I love you beyond comprehension. And when you say these things, I sink. You're dangerous to me, but without you, I wouldn't be alive. You trample me and abuse me with your words. I let it in until I'm numb, until I can't take anymore. I just don't understand how I can love you so, how I admire you, appreciate you so much and all you do is continue to hurt me. I wish you'd understand. You're destroying me. I'm on my knees and I'm trembling begging you to notice. I've been waiting the longest time for you to see. Will you ever know how much you hurt me?

No comments:

Post a Comment